Simple Complicated Odyssey's

Friday, August 29, 2008

Barack Obama the new Rock Star


First off... I'm not against Barack Obama... dude is cool. But for some reason I'm pissed about all this Obama banter and shout outs. Why? I don't know...

Maybe it's because I've never been a politician head, or even remotely interested until it was my turn to drop my vote in the ballot. I've always kept up just enough to know who I wasn't going to vote for.

Maybe it's because all these people who are die hard politicians are just becoming die hard politicians. "Where were they 4 years ago when Kerry needed help?" Black people want to become die hard and gung ho now that a black man is running. He still a nigga in white people's eyes, whether he like, you like it, or not.

Maybe it's because all the new ghetto politicians are trying to be up on it (which is a good thing, no doubt), but niggas get on other niggas like you sinning if you ain't watching the Democratic Convention. Like your soul is going to hell. Like you got the plague or something. Like you just committed adultery or committed murder. The Democratic Convention is not that damn important.

The polls don't open until November. It's August. Right now all he is doing is accepting the nomination. A speech is a speech to me. I'm sure his speech was good. Hillary's speech was a speech, just like Michelle's speech was just a speech, just like Biden's speech was just a speech.

Maybe it's me still believing that all politicians are the best hustlers on the planet. They sell the dreams of lower gas prices, better health care for everyone, better educations, etc... but I still feel like it's all a hoax. I'd sell all kind of stuff to the masses too if they were going to buy it. I'm not saying that Obama is or is not going to change all these things in America, but it's going to take more than 2 terms and a couple of speeches to fix this fucked up place. Get us on track... ok... I can see that, and I don't doubt that, but I just don't buy the speeches. I'm a show me kind of guy. Of course I didn't see Obama's speech, and that's because College Football kicked off last night. I saw a minute or two in between commercials, but College Football and beer was way more entertaining.

So on that note... Until November when it's time to drop my vote into the ballot, it's Football Season baby! Go Blue, and How Bout Them Cowboys!

Keep Hip Hop Alive, One Bar at a Time
Over and Out, DocBoone
posted by DocBoone at Friday, August 29, 2008

3 Comments:

Know what i totaly agree with you. I would much rather watch college football that listen to a presidential speech. trying to figure out wether i cn believe what this person is saying. Can they rly just change things. Its takes more than just electing one person to change things in this world with bad economy and war. Dont get me wrong but george bush president but everything that happend wasnt all hid fault. peolpe say he didnt approach the 9/11 situation good. If you are in a class reading to them and they just tell you that what are you supposed to do right away? Get up run out and try to go there and find out who did this right away. I think that was bull crap for him taking so much shit for that, in that situation i dont know what i would of done but it wouldnt of been much more than what he did.
I also have another problem. I love when someone runs for office and all of a sudden they have their own fashion line. I see kids in my grade wearing a shirt with Obama's face on it or his name i think its just stupid. Yeah you may know his hole speech and try to annalize every minuet of it. As a tenth grader i could care less about what he has to say or breaking down his speech. I am in the tenth grade and right now my vote means nothing. People may say even are vote counts try to help out anyway. Thats bullshit. If im not droppping my vote into the box then why should i care?

March 4, 2009 at 11:30 PM  

Glad that you see where I'm coming from. I'm not saying that I didn't care about what he was selling us as a people... I just didn't make a big deal out of the democratic convention. The conventions aren't anything more than an acceptance of the nomination to run for president. Nothing they said at the convention was different than what they had said any other time for the most parts.

At the end of the day I went out and made my vote for Obama, and it's not because he's black... it was because I've never voted for Republican one. And two... he seemed like the most qualified from what I had heard from the snippets of his speeches. So, as a 10th grader I think you should care a LOT, because it wont be long before you're out on your own and not living with your parents. Even in Obama's first time you'll be affected by his decisions. So, regardless if you can vote or not.... this whole thing is going to be affecting you pretty soon too. I think you should care.

March 5, 2009 at 6:20 AM  

trust me i have been trying to learn about politics to some degree. I just dont want to be one of those kids that piss everyone off because they know they know more about politics than me. I will elarn more by the time i turn eightteen i want to vote and feel like i made a difference. My problem was kids hopping on to Obama so much and not even being able to vote. I think if you think about poitics to much you are kinda ruining your childhood. During the elections that all some kids will talk about and fight over. I just dont want to be involved with that

March 8, 2009 at 9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.