Simple Complicated Odyssey's

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Ron Artest on Yao Ming comment


"I understand what Yao said, but I'm still ghetto," Artest said, according to the report. "That's not going to change. I'm never going to change my culture. Yao has played with a lot of black players, but I don't think he's ever played with a black player that really represents his culture as much as I represent my culture. Once Yao Ming gets to know me, he'll understand what I'm about.


That's what Ron Artest had to say about Yao's comment.
Hopefully, [Artest isn't] fighting anymore and going after a guy in the stands.


Hmmm... really Ron? Still Ghetto? This comment is a tad bit suspect if you ask me. Is Ron out to prove something, and is he trying to say something about T-Mac? This could be a pretty deep comment when you look at it.

I've always felt that Ron Artest has some problems within himself that he needs to work on. Remember when he wanted to retire from the NBA to work on his music? That was a stupid idea - Glad you didn't do it Ron.

I don't doubt that the dude "Is still ghetto," I just don't agree with the language he used. I got this thing about people who use the word ghetto to describe themselves, and this is it at it's worst. As a professional NBA player making millions of dollars, why would you even want to present or represent yourself as being GHETTO?! I could see Ron Artest going back to Queens, New York after his basketball career and just posting up on the block like nothing happened. Sometimes I feel for this dude, and sometimes I just say he's the new Dennis Rodman.

Come on Ron, as a black man you have to do better than that my dude. I still think you're going to make the Western Conference All Star team this year.

Keep Hip Hop Alive, One Bar at a Time
Over and Out, DocBoone
posted by DocBoone at Thursday, July 31, 2008

1 Comments:

Yeah i think it was a great idea for ron to give up his hole rap thing. I remember when i herd his first song. I was so mad that just cause he has money he can call him self a rapper. I would say he could be the worst rapper ever. I could write a rap right now and it would be better that his wich probly took a year to write.

Im out Mikey

March 8, 2009 at 9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.