Simple Complicated Odyssey's

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Speaking in Tongues


Damn, I did it again. I tuned in to MTV. Sucker Free always suckers me in, and everytime I end up turning the television in anger. I'm not sure if it's because the music is just not like it used to be, or if I just don't know what the hell the rappers are talking about anymore. With all the new slang that is being created I sometimes feel as if I'm a foreigner. Just in 5 minutes I heard not even two songs. One was by 3-6 Mafia and the other was some kid named Tyga(sp). I caught the end of 3-6 Mafia's video (oh was it horrible by the way), and the first half of Tyga's. I think I'm just losing touch with what's considered the rap slang.

3-6 Mafia's song is called Lolli Lolli (Pop That Body). Similar word to Lil Wayne's Lollipop. What the hell does Lollipop supposed to mean. I know I'm putting myself out there, but maybe if I catch up with the slang I can appreciate the music. Then this Tyga's song is called Coconut Juice. I know this fool ain't talking about no real coconut juice. I could take the reality of what really sells hip hop music (sex) and figure that into these terms somehow. I could be right, but I could be wrong... it's an assumption. Whatever the case be, I wish that rappers would not try so hard to be trend setters with vocabulary. Everybody wants to fit in and make up their own words, but nobody has a damn dictionary.

When someone finds out what these words really mean, let me know. Maybe I'm just looking too deep into things.

Over and Out, DocBoone

Labels:

posted by DocBoone at Sunday, June 08, 2008

1 Comments:

This is great info to know.

November 12, 2008 at 1:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.