Simple Complicated Odyssey's

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Beasley Easily, or Smell the Roses


It could be easy with Beasley, or you could smell Rose burning the hardwood with his speed. Beasley could probably get you 20 and 10 every night. Rose could be the next best PG, similar to Deron Williams or Chris Paul. Those are just projections, and there are sure to be hundreds of them over the next few weeks to lead up to the 2008 NBA Draft.

I'm still trying to stop my hands from shaking, and my voice from disappearing. The only way I could describe the final selections of the Lottery Selection was to think about the scene from All About the Benjamins. You know, the scene where M. Epps and E. Mendez stood frozen in front of the television with their lottery ticket in hand. Once their numbers were read off they ecstatically jumped up and down hugging one another. Yeah, that was me tonight after the Bulls won the Number 1 pick in the NBA draft. I ran through the house screaming as if I was a 10 year old running from a whooping. It took me 30 minutes before my heart stopped pacing. Then I started to think... ok... who do we take?

Beasley. He could very well anchor our inside game, and who can we spare after we take him? My biggest hope is that John Paxson doesn't do anything retarded like trading him away (remember Elton Brand?) With Beasley banging down low, Hinrich may be enough to run the team again. Will Gordon or Deng really say peace out? At this point, I, and many other Bulls' fans probably don't even care.

Rose. He could easily take Hinrich's spot. Maybe the two of them can play together, and Gordon can bounce. Many people see him as the next best guard coming into the league. He's explosive. Crazy fast. Barry Bonds like strong (on roids). Think of a roided up Deron Williams maybe. Oh my God, so many choices!!!

Whatever the case... we have the number 1 pick, and we are going to have the chance to take the best player of the NCAA Basketball level from a year ago. All of this sounds too good, and I have to keep refocusing myself to not think about Greg Oden.

Damn, let me try to finish catching my breath here.

Over and Out, DocBoone.

Labels:

posted by DocBoone at Tuesday, May 20, 2008

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.