Simple Complicated Odyssey's

Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Beast


Just thinking back to that God awful night of my senior year in college. Big party night... The Blind Pig was supposed to be banging this night. Me and the fellas were getting wasted, but I had no idea that I would be obliterated. I had 2 fifths of Seagram's Blue Beast Gin and Juice, well half of one fifth was already gone. After killing the 5th and a half... by myself, we went to the club and I was feeling nice. I bought more drinks while there supposedly as the night began to blur. I woke up the next morning with my clothes still on, from my jacket to my Tims. I was passed out on the couch. I woke up just in time to get ready for work somehow though. Obviously still wasted from the night before and not really coherent - I went upstairs to get cleaned up. I was running short on time so for some reason I skipped the whole shower scene and resorted to just brushing my teeth. In the process I hurled and had to rebrush my teeth. Didn't change clothes... just walked out the door. Went and paid the water bill, and I can remember how the office was spinning, and the line was taking forever to move. I felt like I ate some bad candy from the Willy Wonka movie and everything started spinning... maybe a bad candy cane or something. I finally got the bill paid, and I needed some grub to hold my insides down. I stopped at trusty old Burger King for a whopper with cheese. Got my food, and parked my car at the commuter lot by the Big House. My bus ride was dreadful, as the bus seemed to swerve and jerk like a roller coaster at Cedar Point (all the while, I'm thinking... Did I brush my hair this morning?). Once I got off the bus and walked to work, I was greeted by my Supervisor. She laughed at me and said that I smelled like a wine-o. She was cool about it, since this office was comprised of 75% college students... she understood. But after my stinch of liquor was eluding from the conference room and throughout the office - she told me to take my drunk ass home. The bus ride again? So before I could even open my bag of BK... I was off back to the crib. Walking with my bag and drink in hand... I finally got to my car and drove home. I slept for the rest of the day, and since then... I've never touched the Blue Beast again. SMH....


Keep Hip Hop Alive, One Bar at a Time

Over and Out, DocBoone
posted by DocBoone at Sunday, July 27, 2008

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.